Rules and Regulations
Pace of Play
OUT OF POSITION:
- First Group: at any time during the round they exceed the allotted time to play.
- Subsequent Groups: if, a) all players in the group have not hit tee shots on a par 3 before the preceding group has arrived at their second shots on the next hole and will not have to wait to play to the green/landing area, or b) all players in the group have not hit tee shots on a par 4 before the preceding group has holed out, or c) all players have not hit second shots on a par 5 before the preceding group has holed out. (Note: A reachable par 4/5 may be treated as a par 3/4.)
NOTE: The committee reserves the right to time a group when the Committee deems it necessary. Further, if a player is determined by the Committee to be unreasonably slow, he/she may be timed individually at the Committee’s discretion regardless of whether their group is out of position.
TIMING: All players in a group that is out of position will be informed they are being timed. Below are guidelines for timing:
- A group falling behind or just out of position, if possible, will be warned. However, timing may commence without a warning.
- A group will be warned only once in a round. If possible, after a warning, a group will be monitored to determine if player(s) need to be timed individually. Timing could occur on any hole, including the finishing holes of a round or the next hole.
- Other than on the putting green, timing of a stroke begins when it is the player’s turn to play and he/she can play without interference or distraction. Time spent determining yardage counts in the time taken for the next stroke.
- On the putting green, timing begins after a player is allowed a reasonable amount of time to mark, lift, clean, and replace their ball, repair ball marks and remove loose impediments on their line of play.
- A player has 40 seconds to play a stroke, with an additional 10 seconds (total of 50) when first to play: stroke on a par-3; a second stroke on a par-4 or par-5; a third stroke on a par-5; a stroke near the putting green or, a stroke on the putting green.
- A player being timed, who exceeds the applicable time to play a stroke will be informed as soon as possible.
Penalties During Round
First Offense – No Penalty
Second Offense – One (1) Penalty Stroke
Third Offense – Two (2) Penalty Strokes
Fourth Offense – DISQUALIFICATION
Any appeal of a penalty must be referred to the on-site Tournament Director immediately upon competition of the player in question’s round. The Tournament Director’s decision shall be final. If the players in question does not appeal immediately upon conclusion of their round any penalties shall stand.